GORHAM, Maine –A Fabio Araujo (Brockton, Mass.) header in the 19th minute sent the Corsairs home with a 1-0 victory over the hosting Southern Maine Huskies in a Little East Conference tilt at Hannaford Field on Saturday afternoon.
Score: UMass Dartmouth 1, Southern Maine 0
Records: UMass Dartmouth (9-4-1) (2-2-1 LEC) | Southern Maine (1-10-3) (0-5-0 LEC)
How it Happened
The Corsairs scored the only goal of the match at 18:50, when Haden Cordeiro (Dartmouth, Mass.) found the head of Araujo on a cross to put it in on the far-post side of the net.
Southern Maine had their chances for the equalizer, but the Corsairs' backline were able to keep the clean sheet for Luis Carranza (New Bedford, Mass.).
Inside the Numbers
- Carranza made a pair of stops for the Corsairs to pick up his second shutout of the season.
- Sophomore Simon Hulbert (Bar Harbor, Maine) tallied double-digit saves for the second time this season, as the Huskies' keeper made 10 stops on the afternoon.
- UMass Dartmouth outshot Southern Maine 27-8 on the afternoon, and possessed a 13-2 advantage on corner kicks. Both tallies are the second-highest marks the Corsair offense has posted this season.
- The Corsairs are now 20-7-1 all-time against the Huskies, claiming the last seven contests between the two schools.
- UMass Dartmouth is now 2-4 on the year when scoring two or fewer goals.
UMass Dartmouth will return home as they host Bridgewater State in a non-conference match on Tuesday evening at 7 p.m.