FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – Capitalizing on 15 penalty corner opportunities on the game, UMass Dartmouth Field Hockey snapped a four-game skid, shutting out LEC foe Framingham State on the road 4-0 Wednesday afternoon.
Score: UMass Dartmouth 4, Framingham State 0
Records: UMass Dartmouth (3-7, 2-4 LEC) | Framingham State (2-7, 1-5 LEC)
How it Happened
Sophomore Ciara Anderson (Medway, Mass.) started her career night early in the game, putting UMass Dartmouth on the board just 10 minutes in when she put a long strike into the cage off an Erin Kish (Littleton, Mass.) penalty corner.
Anderson then assisted on the Corsairs' second goal in the first half, scored by classmate Mary Brown (Leicester, Mass.) to give the visitors more padding at the break.
UMass Dartmouth then wrapped up the shutout, as Brown carried a pass for the long haul on a breakaway, scoring her second goal just two minutes into the final period. In the 50th minute, Anderson again assisted, this time feeding senior Katelin Morrissey (Taunton, Mass.) to finish the game off.
Inside the Numbers
- Junior goalkeeper Allison Burke (Franklin, Mass.) made her return between the pipes, holding the shutout with seven saves.
- Wednesday marks Anderson's first game on her career registering more than two points as she posted four with the goal and two assists.
- Brown registered her first-career multi-goal with her middle scores for the Corsairs.
- UMass Dartmouth recorded 15 penalty corners to Framingham State's seven on the evening, outshooting the hosts 17-13.
- Five Corsairs posted shots on goal on the night, with all five registering at least two.
The Corsairs return home on Saturday at 2 p.m., hosting 8-2 Westfield State as LEC play continues on Homecoming weekend.