DARTMOUTH, Mass. – Huskie senior Kerigan Demers (Westbrook, Me.) registered a goal and an assist to provide all the offense that Southern Maine would need in its 3-0 Little East field hockey win over UMass Dartmouth at Cressy Field on Friday afternoon.
- Demers got her team on the board as she delivered a laser from atop the arc through traffic and banging against the wood.
- Southern Maine junior Maggie Redman (Alfred, Me.) inserted herself into the scoring in the 41st minute, taking the ball off the stick of teammate Samantha Ellis (New Vineyard, Me.) just over the goal line for a 2-0 lead.
- A moment later, senior mid Dorina Sirois (Saco, Me.) held up her end of the bargain to get Demers her third point of the afternoon, grabbing the lead pass on a breakaway opportunity.
Inside The Numbers
- With her 19-save outing in the cage for the hosts, Corsair senior keeper Allison Burke (Franklin, Mass.) eclipsed 500 career saves.
- The fourth-year net minder reached exactly 200 saves in her final campaign.
- Southern Maine outshot the Corsairs by a 33-7 clip.
Each side will round out its respective regular season tomorrow, with Southern Maine battling Bridgewater State tomorrow at 11 a.m., while UMass Dartmouth travels to Salem, Mass. to square off with Salem State at 4 p.m.
(Recap By Kyle Diangkinay, Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant)
(Photo Credit: Lyrik Gelmete '21)