The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a student-led organization made up of a representative from each of UMass Dartmouth's varsity sports teams.
The purpose of the SAAC at UMass Dartmouth is:
- To serve as a representative body for University of Massachusetts Dartmouth student-athletes.
- To provide effective communication between student-athletes, the administration, coaches and student body.
- To actively encourage involvement from the student-athletes in campus, community and charity projects.
- To design, implement and promote programs that will encourage academic achievement, image and social responsibility of student-athletes.
- To represent UMass Dartmouth regarding all matters related to athletics and its respective Conferences and affiliations
UMass Dartmouth SAAC members meet on a monthly basis throughout the academic year. The SAAC meetings provide an opportunity for members to discuss questions and concerns raised by other student-athletes, discuss policies and procedures which impact the Athletic Dept., plan community-based outreach programs and address matters of self-governance.
Under the constitution adopted by the members at the beginning of the 2007-08 academic year, the UMass Dartmouth SAAC has four officers elected by the committee. Those positions are President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. These officers, along with an advisor from the Athletic Dept. staff, are responsible for the operation of the SAAC.
SAAC for the 2017-18 Academic Year
Advisor: Erik Noack, Ice Hockey Head Coach
|Alicia Kutil||Women's Basketball||President|
|Brandon Berkley||Ice Hockey||Vice President|
|Drew Michals||Ice Hockey||Treasurer|
|Women's Basketball||Alicia Kutil|
|Men's Basketball||Jake Ashworth|
|Ice Hockey||Brandon Berkley|
|Women's Track & Field||Taryn Carley|
|Men's Track & Field||JT Kleczkowski|
|Men's Soccer||Tony Centeio|
|Women's Soccer||Maddie Boucher|
|Swimming & Diving||Joe Bonifacio|
|Men's Lacrosse||Marcus Howard|
|Women's Lacrosse||Erin Kish|
|Women's Tennis||Jaime Fastino|
|Men's Tennis||Zach Pavao|
|Women's Cross Country||Kirstie Harnden|
|Men's Cross Country||Tyree Gorham|